Saturday, August 1, 2015

War on Women, Part 2

A few weeks back, I wrote a post trying to explain what, exactly, Christians and anti-abortionists are saying when we say we're against abortion.  I'm afraid, though, that there was one thing I didn't explain:  that most of us don't hate women who have had abortions.  While I readily admit that some do, the vast majority don't.  Unfortunately, we're not very good at conveying that in the heat of the moment, when we're defending the right of an unborn child to live.

It's funny, but as I was mulling this idea over, I received a private message from a friend containing this cartoon:





The Wrong Way to Be Right


Since it spoke directly to what was on my mind, I figured it was an important topic to bring up at this point.  The fact is, for most women who receive abortions, I put very little blame, because I don't believe they truly know what they are doing.  They have been lied to so many times by so many people that they truly do not believe that they are taking/have taken a human life.  I place the blame, therefore, squarely on the shoulders of those responsible for misinforming men and women.  And those people will answer to God.

But for those women who, knowing what they are doing, and do it anyway, I still do not hate them.  Nor do I want to come across as condemning those who made a tough - and ultimately, wrong - choice.  The simple truth is that all of us choose wrong on many occasions, and abortion is no different.  Yes, it is murder, and yes it is wrong, but lying is wrong, worshiping false gods is wrong, and being self-righteous is wrong.

The good news is that Jesus' Grace covers all.  So, please hear me, if you are a woman who has had an abortion, understand that I am in no way trying to devalue you.  I do not look down on you.  I do not hate you.  Your sins - no matter what they are, have been, or will be - can be bought and paid for by Jesus.  Remember the only rule of grace that we ever need:

God loves you, even though you don't deserve it.

Embrace that, realize that, and mold your life as a response to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment