Friday, May 6, 2016

Thoughts on God

I've been thinking a lot about God, lately.  What I don't mean is that I've been thinking about how much I love God, or what some song says about God.  What I've been thinking about is the God of the Bible - the One Who could blast any of us to smithereens at anytime.

The God Who all but destroyed life on this planet through a Flood.

The God Who let His people be plagued by venomous snakes.

The God Who brought the Babylonians into Jerusalem, just so the Israelites would be taken into captivity.

I've been thinking about this God, and all I can do is be grateful, because this is clearly a God Who hates sin.

He hates sin so much that He destroyed His own life.

He allowed the Serpent to bite His heel.

He exiled Himself.

Why? Love.

So don't tell me that God is a mushy, softhearted god who overlooks sin, because my God is greater than that.  And don't tell me that God is a vindictive, petulant god who pouts when he doesn't get his way.  My God is greater than that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment