Friday, March 4, 2016

Prayers Needed

Hey, folks!  I just wanted to write a quick note to apologize for my delay in posting the next section of the End Times series.  It will be up soon, as I am still working on it!

However, at the same time, I have been reading the Scriptures and studying them in regards to Predestined Salvation (typically called Calvinism).  Over the last two months, I've been studying the writings of Calvin, I'm studying the ideas surrounding the Calvinistic acronym T.U.L.I.P., but, above all, I'm studying God's Word.

Look, where I am now is firmly in the belief that Predestined Salvation is a very, very, dangerous heresy.  More dangerous than I think most of us realize.  I do, however, have one desire above all else, and that is to preach and understand the character and nature of God, even if it involves an aspect of Him that I don't typically like.  So what I need, right now, is prayer.  I need prayer that His Word will be revealed, although I have a pretty strong conviction that His Word is against Predestined Salvation.  IF that remains my firm conviction, then I need prayer for another reason:

Opposition to the Truth.  There are many, many people who hold to Calvinism, many of them my friends.  So the current plan is to write a series refuting Predestination, and why it is a false teaching, and for that, I need prayers.  But, I am also open to the Spirit, and if the Spirit is trying to move me away from this plan, then I need prayers that I will be submissive. 

Thank you for your prayers, and thank you, as always, for reading my posts!  Still not sure why so many of you are. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment